Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Soup



Every Sunday I make a vegetarian soup in the slow cooker and eat it for lunch during the week at work, so that I'm guaranteed to have at least one super healthy meal every day. This lentil soup recipe I make every couple of weeks. It's adapted from a recipe at Tin Eats.
I use my Vidalia Onion chopper, which really speeds up all of the vegetable chopping.

2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 package of mushrooms, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup green lentils
2 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried parsley
3/4 tsp paprika
1 bay leaf
3/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt


Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 - 7 hours.


(paid links)

More Soup Recipes




Comments