St. Patrick's Day Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies



This recipe is a combination of the Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Chip cookie recipe on the back of the dark chocolate chips package and the McCormick Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe found here.

I made it in my food processor and added the 1/4 tsp of food coloring at the very end. I think I mixed it too long as the consistency of the batter changed. After they were baked, the edges were brown while the rest was green. The next time I make this, I'm going to try adding the food coloring after the eggs and reduce the amount to 1/8 tsp of food coloring. Despite the brown edges, these were really good. Way too much sugar for me to eat though, so I'll have to work on reducing that. They were a big hit with both of my sons!


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp McCormick peppermint extract
2 eggs
1/8 - 1/4 tsp green food coloring
1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and mint extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in food coloring. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 8 - 11 minutes or until golden brown.


More St. Patrick's Day Recipes

Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.

Comments