Cafeteria Food Scrub Clothes

When my oldest son was born nine weeks early, I spent a lot of time at hospitals. He was in the NICU of two different hospitals for a total of five and a half weeks. During that time, I ate in the hospitals' cafeteria a couple of times. I don't remember what I had to eat, but I do remember it wasn't the greatest food. I also felt a little out of place being surrounded by doctors and nurses all dressed in their scrub clothes. I must have been very noticable wearing regular clothes in a sea of doctors wearing http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/Scrubs-for-Men/.
I'm not a real fan of cafeteria food anyways. When I was in high school I would eat it once in a while, but the food just never tasted that good. When I was in college, I ate at the cafeteria a few times. The college cafeteria food was much better than the high school cafeteria food. The school lunch menu my son brings home from his elementary school is really something. It's always the same: pizza, some flavor of chicken, chili and tacos.
These days I don't eat out much. It gets very expensive. I also like to know what's in my food. Due to my high blood sugar and cholesterol issues, I've done a lot of nutrition research. It's amazing how changing your diet and adding some exercise can make you feel so much better. It also makes your blood sugar and cholesterol numbers return to normal.
Unless it's organic, food is filled with chemicals, pesticides, genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and growth hormones. That's a big part of why people are sick nowadays. McDonald's gets a bad rap, but what about a cafeteria or your local diner. Is the burger you just ordered made with grass fed beef? Probably not, which means whatever that cow ate, you are now eating. That cow was probably fed corn. Was that corn organic? Probably not. That corn was probably sprayed with pesticides, maybe Monsanto's RoundUp. Maybe the corn seed was genetically modified. The cow may have been injected with antibiotics, which you are now ingesting. Some farmers give their cows growth hormones. You might be eating that in your burger too. The ketchup you put on the burger, take a look at the ingredient list. Chances are very good it contains high fructose corn syrup. If it wasn't made with organic ingredients, it will also contain pesticides. The bun may contain high fructose corn syrup, GMOs and pesticides too.
Good thing there are doctors and nurses out there to help us when our bodies can no longer handle all those invisible, extra ingredients that will eventually make us sick.

Comments