Crock Pots Casseroles Skillets Stoves

It's finally summer here in upstate New York. It was a really long winter, so warm weather is a welcome relief.
During the winter, I use my crock pot ALOT! That's what I use to make dinner every Sunday. It's easy, no fuss. Throw the ingredients in in the morning and it's ready at dinner time. The only draw back is I tend to make the same things: mainly variations of vegetable soup, chicken soup and chili. Everything comes out good, but it gets boring after a while.
I should use the crockpot more in the summer than the winter. In the winter, I actually have time to cook. In the summer, I'm busy outside gardening and hate breaking to come in and cook dinner. I don't really use summer vegetables too much in the crock pot though. I mainly use them in casseroles or stir fries. It gives my stove a work out.
My electric stove has been great. It's 8 1/2 years old though. The only drawback is I can't use it when the power goes out. A few weeks ago, the power went out just as I was going to fix dinner. We had sandwiches that night. lol.
These days, stoves are pretty fancy. They have timers, a clock, different cooking settings. Lots of different brands are available too. Stoves are available at many different stores too, so it's a good idea to compare brands and shop around before making a purchase.
I like the smooth top of the electric stoves, compared to the burners that stick up on gas stoves. The cooktops of electric stoves also use special heating systems, so that food cooks evenly. The ovens are even self cleaning. I've never tried using that on my oven. Even though I place a pan on the bottom rack to catch drips, sometimes I forget to center the pan, so the oven floor gets caked with burnt food. I may have to give the self cleaning feature a try one of these days.

Comments