My column and the blog

Thanks to Roman May

I wanted to look up domainnames.com in my area to see if there were any good ones left on the table. My assumption had been that all the best sites had already been scooped up and that my local food blog would have to settle for some generic, non-city specific title. Fortunately for me, though, I found exactly what I was looking for: a name that contained my city and my catchphrase!

I’ve actually got a lot of readers already, mostly because I’ve developed quite a following locally since I started writing my food column for the paper. People seemed to be really excited when I started my blog and comment regularly on my posts. The best thing about the site is that I’ve been treated to more than a few free meals around town from restaurant owners desiring a write-up. It’s a win/win because I get free food and they get a review on my site! I’m so glad it’s working out so well and may even start a web series on the blog teaching my readers cooking techniques soon!

Comments