Very Veggie Chicken Soup



Now that my oldest is in school, we are sick pretty much non stop from September to June with colds/flus. I make A LOT of chicken soup, at least once a month. I finally made a batch that will be my go to chicken soup recipe. The original came from the Rachael Ray show website.
Here is my adapted version:


1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
4 celery stalks, chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 package mushrooms, chopped
1 cup frozen peas & carrots
32 oz. chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried parsley
shredded mozzarella cheese, optional

Combine all ingredients except parsley and mozzarella cheese in a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
Just before serving, add dried parsley and stir. Add a handful of mozzarella cheese to each serving if desired.


More Soup Recipes


Comments