Chunky Veggie Alfredo

I was hungry for chicken, broccoli alfredo over the weekend, but really just needed a side dish for turkey, so I threw together this veggie noodle dish instead. Super good! (and I didn't even miss the chicken).
I cheat and use a jar of Ragu alfredo sauce just because I've never found a from scratch alfredo sauce recipe that I like better.


4 cups noodles, I used penne
1 tbs olive oil
1 package mushrooms, cut up
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar Ragu light alfredo sauce
4 heads broccoli, cut up
1 1/2 cups frozen peas & carrots
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp parsley


Cook and drain noodles according to package.
In a large skillet, add olive oil. When heated, add mushrooms and garlic and cook 3 - 5 minutes.
Add sauce, peas & carrots, parmesan cheese, black pepper, paprika and parsley. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, steam broccoli in microwave 5 - 6 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine noodles, veggie sauce mixture and broccoli. Mix well and serve.


More Skillet Recipes

Comments