Homemade Healthy Pizza Crust

Normally when I make pizza, I just buy the bag of dough, but I've been wanting to try making my own dough for a while. I finally found a couple of good recipes, which I pieced together to make the following recipe:

1 cup warm water
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs olive oil


Add yeast to warm water and let sit for 5 minutes. Add whole wheat flour, unbleached white flour, salt and olive oil.
Combine and then knead dough for 5 minutes. Spray a bowl and pizza pan with non stick cooking spray. Add dough to bowl.
Cover bowl and set in a warm place for 15 - 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400. Roll out dough on a pizza pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Add toppings. Bake for an additional 10 - 12 minutes.
The recipes I used to piece this recipe together were:
1. On the bag of Hodgson Mill whole wheat flour.
2. From the website listed on the package of yeast.
This pizza crust recipe was pretty quick and easy. It's much healthier than the bag of dough. Tasted pretty good too. Definitely won't be buying the bag of dough anymore.

The toppings I use are:

1/2 jar Classico fire roasted tomato and garlic sauce
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1/2 package mushrooms, sliced
2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
3 dozen pepperoni slices

First I add the sauce to the crust, then 1 1/2 cups shredded mozarella cheese, green pepper, red pepper,
mushrooms, pepperoni and the rest of the cheese.

Comments