Healthy Zucchini Bread

My refrigerator is having issues, so I had to relocate all my food in the fridge and freezer. Luckily I had room for just about everything in the two little mini fridges and mini freezer we have. I had some frozen zucchini I couldn't fit though, so I made this zucchini bread recipe. This one is supposed to be a little healthier than the zucchini bread recipe I previously posted. Taste wise, they are both really good. I'm kind of favoring this one though.


1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
3 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 small apples, peeled and diced
2 cups zucchini, diced

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine sugar, eggs, canola oil, water and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine whole wheat flour, all purpose unbleahed flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to bowl with egg mixture. Add apples and zucchini.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 45 - 55 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.


Comments