Kitchen Renovation

On my birthday, my fiance decided to gift me with a remodeled kitchen. He's a carpenter, so he's going to do all the work himself. Can't wait. It's going to look really great. The counter top is going to be a whitish colored stone tile. The counter top I currently have is a cheap, blue swirled laminate. I really like the color, but it hasn't held up very well. It scratches easily and is showing wear in the dishdrainer area where it's always exposed to water. Switching to a lighter color counter top will be pretty sharp looking against the light hickory cabinets I have.
I currently have a very deep stainless steel kitchen sink. I'm debating as to whether we should replace it or try to revive it a little. It's 8 years old, but is scratched and has a few stains. Become.com looks like it might be a good place to start pricing a new sink. Looks like they have a good variety of varying prices.
I have a pretty decent sized kitchen, but I can always use more cabinet space. They fill up very quickly. A huge kitchen pantry cabinet would be great!
The kitchen has an island in the middle. It's great for extra counter and cupboard space and is the main focal point of the kitchen. For sitting at it, I just have a couple of barstools. Not the most comfortable things, but ok if you're just grabbing a quick bite. Maybe kitchen chair pads would help a bit, but what I really want is a nice padded chair with a back. Something nice and comfortable.
Anyways, I can't wait for the remodeling to be complete. I'll try to post a few pics when it's done.

Comments