Stacy Haiduk's Grandmother's Ginger Snaps

I was hungry for ginger cookies and came across this recipe in the 12/22/09 issue of Soap Opera Digest, so I gave it a try. They were delicious!!!! I couldn't stop eating them.


1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses - I substitued 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup water
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt - I did not use any salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
sugar for topping - I used cinnamon sugar

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all of the dry ingredients together, then add the molasses(or maple syrup and water) and egg. Mix thoroughly until it forms a dough.
Roll the dough into small balls. Dip the top of each into a little sugar (or cinnamon sugar). Place on a baking sheet, making sure there's enough room between the cookies for them to expand. Flatten out with a fork.
Put in the oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk. yummmmm!!!


More Cookie Recipes

Comments