Quick Easy Skillet Chili Picky Eater Approved

My 5 year old has turned into a picky eater. All he wants to eat is dip and crackers. He agreed to eat chili if I made it, so I found this recipe to inspire the recipe below.
It was actually really good! I think I almost liked it better than my all day crockpot chili recipe. I did miss the peppers and muchrooms though.


1/2 Tbsp. oil, I used coconut oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. minced onion
1 can red Kidney beans
1/2 jar of sauce, I used Classico Tomato and Basil
1/2 cup water
3/4 - 1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. Sneaky Chef orange puree, optional
1/2 lb. pre-cooked meatballs, (I threw these in because I had meatballs left from the night before no one would eat. They were a big hit in the chili though!)


Heat the oil in a skillet for 2 minutes over medium low heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Add Kidney beans, sauce, water, chili powder, black pepper and if using, orange puree and meatbals. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 - 15 minutes.


More Chili Recipes


Comments