Quick Easy Cutout Cookies

Last weekend, I made these cutout cookies. I love my Martha Gillen's Cutout Cookies recipe, but I wanted something a little simpler.
The following recipe was in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I modified it a bit though. I also experimented by adding coconut oil for half of the butter. It worked great! I may try all coconut oil the next time I make them. Coconut oil is healthier than butter and has many health benefits, including it's good for your teeth.

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup organic coconut oil (I didn't melt it)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour (I used 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup buckwheat flour)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375 F.

I made this in my food processor and just added all of the ingredients in order.

To make without a food processor, beat butter and coconut oil on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, honey, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until combined. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
If necessary, cover and chill dough for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Roll dough out until 1/8 inch thick and cut dough into desired shapes using cookie cutters.

Bake at 375 F for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Frost with your favorite frosting.


More Cookie Recipes


Comments